Monday, May 2, 2011

Intro and Purpose

My name is Brent Litz. I teach American History at Bellevue West High School. I have been teaching in Bellevue for 9 years. At Bellevue West, I coach football and track. I have also been a class sponsor and coached basketball...before we were winning state titles. I really enjoy teaching high school students, and my content makes it a lot of fun. I attended Wayne State College where I played football. I spent my first year teaching in Rapid City, South Dakota, but wanted to come back to the cornhusker state.
I grew up in a small town, but like living in a suburb. I like the demographics in Bellevue, there are many people from all over the country who live here. To teach those students that have seen or been to different places is really cool. The military community also gives people a perspective that you would not get in small town rural Nebraska. Not that there is anything wrong with cows and pigs, I grew up raising them.
My experience with technology is some what limited. I have been signing up for classes to try to catch me up to most America. I have used a computer for most of my adult life, but learned how to type on a typewriter in high school. If I had to choose I would say I am a PC guy. I have used them the most. In my classroom I use power point notes, websites, and gaggletube to help with my lessons. The other day I used clickers to simulate a twitter activity that I got from my Twitter 101 class. I thought it went well and for the most part the students enjoyed it.
My son and I at Sea World

No comments:

Post a Comment